EchoPixel is seeking a talented and passionate computer vision engineer to join a dedicated team of clinical specialists, software engineers, imaging experts, and stereoscopic visualization pioneers to help drive the development of next-generation AR / VR software for live imaging-based surgical planning and intervention. Frequent topics of interest include object detection / recognition, segmentation, human pose estimation and tracking, as well as morphological analysis and image registration. As a first-to-market solution, the EchoPixel platform represents the new frontier of medical imaging, helping to embolden surgeons, optimize clinical workflows, and improve patient outcomes.
What you’ll be doing:
- Actively engage with clinicians, product managers, field specialists, and other software engineers to develop and validate high clinical impact computer vision applications - from early concepts and prototypes through commercialization and deployment
- Pursue high-impact publications and patent filings
- Author technical documentation
- Support QA in developing test plans
- M.S., Ph.D. or equivalent experience in computer science, computer vision, computational imaging, electrical engineering, or related field
- Proficiency in C++ programming, including object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Proficiency in Python or other languages commonly utilized for rapid prototyping and algorithm development
- Experience with common vision and machine learning frameworks and toolsets such as TensorFlow, OpenCV, Caffe, etc.
- A record of successful machine vision product development
- Strong time management, prioritization, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing and following engineering requirements and specifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience working with volumetric image data
- Knowledge of medical imaging concepts and standards such as DICOM
- Knowledge of AR / VR concepts and platforms
- Experience with CUDA or other general purpose GPU programming models
- Experience training / deploying machine learning and computer vision models in cloud environments
- Experience developing software in regulated environments for medical applications
- Familiarity with the medical device lifecycle
If you're interested in one of our open positions, start by applying here and attaching your resume.